Saturday, January 27, 2007

"It´s our night!"

by Miles Davis
"I think people like to hear the music and think what they wanna think. But when you play like we play you can think whatever you want. Or you can just relax."
"The media fucked up everybody, you know? You can´t do anything anywhere. No more jam sessions and charing musical ideas (...) Try to play like we do and have it there so you can touch it everytime. Or a little bit."
"I don't like a perfect sound"
"You put that extra thing on every note. You just don't... you just do it like... it has to be important to you, or a melody, you know, you have to treat it like you don't waste any phrases"
"It took me three years to get to the sound again. Some days I'd feel lousy but it came back"
"You see kids like these... (...) they play in between the beat (...) But it's in them, you know, they don't label it"
"When you play against the orchestra you play over (...) It's always a melody between a melody. You just go on and on"
"I don't have that many friends because I don't know what to say to them if I had a lot of friends, you know?"
"If you can't put something in, why get out? Why get in it?"
"I never had any like "I wanna be famous". I didn't have that. I always wanted to be able to be around the musicians that were the best at what they did and to be accepted, you know? And the more you do that, the more you learn. I don't care what the people think. Well, you know, I'm giving, all the time!"

No comments: