Thursday, March 26, 2009

Explaining a lot better than me - John Mayer

So I was thinking about relationships, as a routine to songs about relationships, and I was trying to think, well it occurred to me, that the key, I figured out the key of a relationship and how to make it work. Check it out, this is a tip from your uncle John. Check it out:
When you first meet somebody, you find they like you first of all. A friend of a friend of theirs says he or she really likes you, and it kills you, forces you, throw you to the ground, you’ve got to pick yourself off the ground. Then you get her phone number, you call them up right, and you say “yeah, that’s a great phone conversation, can I see you sometime?”. And then they say this, they say “I’d like that”. "I’d like that" makes you fall on the floor again, your heart is about to stop because of “I’d like that”. Nothing feels better than “I’d like that”. So now your blood pressure is going, you’re six feet off the ground, you can’t sleep because of “I’d like that”. So you hang out for a while, and then you call and you’re talking on the phone all the time, and then you drop the bomb, what feels like the bomb, and you say “you know what, I’ve been thinking about you for a while”. And she goes “aaaaahhhh”. You go “what happened?!” And she goes “I’m sorry, I just…, I just…, I just… I’ve been thinking about you too!” Bam: higher in the sky. But now “I’d like that”?! Done. Now you’re up to “I’m thinking about you”, then however number of months pass that make you feel comfortable saying it, you say “I’ve got to tell you something”, they go “what?”, you go “I’m in love with you!”. And nothing in the world sounds better than “I’m in love with you”. And maybe then she starts crying, maybe he goes “ahhhhhhhhh”, and all the sudden you’re like “I’m in”. But now what doesn’t work is “I’d like that” and “I’ve been thinking about you”. Now we’re up to “I’m in love with you”. Then maybe someday it goes to “I love you”, fast forward, now you’re like “I love you a lot”, “I love you more than anything in life”: now “I love you” doesn’t work. As a flesh it keeps moving up, fast forward like six months, six weeks, whatever the case may be, now you’re like “I want to marry you”, “I want to empregnant you with my love”,” I want to just send my love to you”. Damn it, words don’t work anymore, and then you say this line, you know you’ve used this line before!: “I just wish they would put a new word on the dictionary bigger than love, cause love just doesn’t describe what I feel.” And so then now he or she starts asking “Do you love me?” and he starts going “Of course I love you”, “Well, say it”. And he starts saying it twice, and then he says it three times, and then you cross a really interesting point where all the sudden it becomes “I hate you, I hate you” and you go “Oh my God, she hates me” and now it’s like “I hate you more than anything” and it’s like “we’re over” and then they go “no we’re not” and you go “Yes we are”, and now the words completely do not work at all. You’re left with nothing, you’re throwing punches on the water, you’re done.
You know what the moral of that story is? If there is one… Never ever ever ever ever ever underestimate the power of “I’d like that”.

1 comment:

jb said...

DO you wanna know something?
Between you and me, it will always remain something like I'd like that!
Big John!

(falta-te a piada, mas valeu o esforço)